MOD Management and Administration
- The Defence Minister is accountable for leading and managing the Ministry of Defence.
- Whilst undertaking such responsibilities, the Minister shall follow the directives of the Prime Minister of the National Unity Government (NUG) and the Federal Union Parliament.
- Ministerial decision making authority lies within the Defence Minister and the Deputy Ministers.
- The Defence Minister shall set policies, programs and resource allocation related primary tasks and lay down strategic directives.
- The deputy ministers shall establish ministerial policies and projects, draw budgets, and manage resources.
Responsibilities of the Defence Minister
- To serve as a defence special advisor to the Prime Minister of the Federal Union
- To administer the Ministry of Defence
- To participate as a cabinet member
- To perform as the leader of the Ministry of Defence
Responsibilities of Deputy Ministers
- To implement the directives of the Defence Minister
- To oversee the departments established within the Ministry
- To collaborate with the People’s Defence Forces on behalf of the Defence Minister